555 Days... The Continuation

Welcome to 555 Days as a Poet by The Crafty Scribe

Back in 2010, I challenged myself to write a poem or a short verse a day, and post it to a blog. 555 Days as a Poet by The Crafty Scribe is the continuation of the experiment.

I gave myself 18 months to recover from the original daily blog postings, and now, I am ready to start it all over again. Although as I was beginning in the middle of the year, I thought 6 months was too short a time after my last experience.

"If I could complete a year of poems, how about 18 months?" I thought. I worked out that would be 549 days. I could have rounded it up to 550 to included New Years Day 2014, but then I thought I'd go 5 better... to 555 days.

Why 555? According to many spiritual teachers, the number 555 is a sign of change and the flow of energy. I thought it related to the blog. I spent a year writing a poem every day, then rested for 18 months. Now the tide has turned. It's time to begin the flow of words in my life again.

I'm not a trained poet, just an enthusiastic scribe wanting to create something new each day. I don't truly know my stanza from my meter, but I hope to improve and get my poetic license someday! Expect the weird, the strange and the inner workings of the Crafty Scribe's mind. Let's ride the waves once more.

Please pass on the blog address to all your verse and lyrical loving friends. I hope you will join me, and read my daily scribbling.

Tuesday 31 July 2012

"Between The Tick and The Tock" (Entry 31)

Between the tick and the tock,
there is a static moment not shown on any clock.
In that instant, that's less than a moment,
where breath can't be taken
or a tear can not fall,
there is
Forever.

This is the true time.
This is eternity.
This is immortality.

For we are fools to think
we can measure out and
organise the universe
to pigeon hole our lives into neat boxes
named by some invented integer
and spilt further to the fractional numerics
that slip between the cracks in the cosmos.

We can not be stacked linear on shelves
lain forgotten and gathering dust
- ashes to ashes -
as more boxes are filled to be stored
in the attic of history until overflown.
There is no car boot sale in the heavens
to discard forgotten detritus
"Roll up! Roll up!
Human lives going cheap,
only one previous owner
(except the reincarnated in the corner)
Step up, try 'em on for size!"

Look between the tick and the tock,
for you will find us there.
For we truly live forever and always,
in the depth, the length, the breadth, and
beyond of space.
The span and scope where there is no time.
Stare deep, can you see?

Between the tick and the tock,
that's you in there.
I'll meet you in forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment